Saturday, February 6, 2010

St. Baldrick's 2010

I’m going to shave my head, and I need your support! Why? I’m going under the clippers at a St. Baldrick's event to raise money for childhood cancer research—going bald in solidarity with kids battling this terrible disease.

I hope you can make a donation, and I’d love it if you could also come to the event to cheer me on, along with the other brave shavees, downtown at A.J. Rocco’s on March 17.

The names of all my donors will appear on my page on the St. Baldrick’s Web site. Please help me raise at least my goal of $4,000 by March 17, both to justify this bodacious decision, and to fund as much research as possible!

More than 160,000 kids are diagnosed with cancer each year. Despite tremendous progress, cancer remains the #1 disease killer of children in the U.S. and Canada. I’m out to help change that!

Since St. Baldrick’s began in 2000, shavees like me have helped raise more than $69 million, enabling the organization to grow into the world’s largest fundraising event for childhood cancer. The Foundation made more than $12 million in grants last year alone, to some of the top pediatric cancer researchers working today, and also to many young doctors who will be the research experts of tomorrow.

Children fighting cancer lose not only their hair but precious years from their childhood, and sometimes their lives. Compared to a child’s struggle, shaving my head is a small sacrifice, and your gift can help save lives.

To give online, click on Donate. Or you can donate by phone at 888.899.BALD, or write a check to “St. Baldrick’s Foundation.” I’ll be collecting pledges at work, volleyball, the market, wherever I may be. Donate in person and I'll give you flair.

If you want to volunteer or get more involved, please let me know. We’re going to have some serious fun, Shaving the Way to Conquer Kids’ Cancer!

Sincerely,

Tom “Fro” Barnard

No comments:

My Blog List