Friday, March 6, 2009

St B's official form letter

Guess what, I’m shaving my head! What on earth for? I’m going under the clippers at a St. Baldrick's event to raise money for childhood cancer research.

If you can, please come to AJ Rocco's on March 17 at 5:00 to watch and cheer me on. Whether or not you can be there, I hope you’ll support me – both in spirit and with a donation. All my donors’ names (unless anonymous) will appear on my page of the St. Baldrick’s website!

More than 160,000 kids are diagnosed with cancer each year. Despite tremendous progress, cancer remains the #1 disease killer of children in North America. I’m out to help change that! Since St. Baldrick’s began in 2000, shavees like me have raised more than $50 million, and this has grown into the world’s largest fundraising event for childhood cancer.

The St. Baldrick’s Foundation made $15 million in grants last year, to some of the top pediatric cancer researchers working today, and also to 30 young doctors who will be the research experts of tomorrow.

Children fighting cancer lose not only their hair but years of their childhood, and sometimes their lives. Compared to their struggle, shaving my head is a small sacrifice, and the money raised will make such a difference for them.

So, please help me raise as much as I can – both to justify this crazy decision, and to fund as much research as possible! No amount is too big or too small – every gift matters so much. Please help me reach my goal of $3,000 by March 17.

To give online, go to www.StBaldricks.org, click on “Donate” and search for my name as the participant to support. Or you can donate by phone at (888) 899-BALD, or write a check to “St. Baldrick’s Foundation.”

If you want to volunteer or get more involved, please let me know. We’re going to have some serious fun, Shaving the Way to Conquer Kids’ Cancer!

Sincerely,

Tom

No comments:

My Blog List