Sunday, March 2, 2008

Campaign Letter

VOTE
BALD


Yes, I did say shave my head! I have registered to go under the clippers during a St. Baldrick's Foundation event to raise funds for childhood cancer research.
Since its inception in 2000, St. Baldrick’s has raised more than $34 million and grown into the world’s largest fundraising event for childhood cancer. Worldwide 160,000 kids are diagnosed with cancer each year and despite tremendous progress, cancer remains the #1 disease killer of children in the U.S. and Canada.

St. Baldrick’s research grants help fill crucial funding gaps at medical institutions where children are treated for cancer, ensuring the finest care for every child. The St. Baldrick’s Foundation has funded 13 research fellows, launching brilliant new careers in childhood cancer research. And grant funds have been distributed to over 230 institutions for laboratory research and to help make clinical trials available to more children than ever, giving those children treatment that offers the best chance for a cure.

While battling cancer, children lose not only their hair but years of their childhood, and sometimes their lives. In comparison to their struggle, shaving my head is a small sacrifice, and the money raised will make a difference for children with cancer now and in the future.
So, I am asking you to help me raise as much money as I can for the foundation--both to justify this crazy decision, and to fund as much research as possible! No amount is too big or too small--every gift will be appreciated. Please help me reach my goal of $3,000 by March 17th.

To donate online, visit http://www.stbaldricks.org/, click on "Donate" and search for me by filling in my first and last name under "Find a Participant." Then click on my name or picture and complete the donation transaction. You can also donate over the phone by calling 888-899-BALD. I will also be collecting pledges.

I hope you will join me at A. J. Rocco's on St. Patrick's Day (March 17th) after 5:00 to watch or volunteer as I help Shave the Way to Conquer Kids’ Cancer!

Sincerely,
Thomas Barnard

No comments:

My Blog List